New York City Dance Regional Workshop and Competition
What to Expect
NEW OPTIONS, Registration details and Fees for the 2020-21 Season! CLICK HERE →
Complete COVID-19 protocol and policies for our 25 City Tour CLICK HERE →
NYCDA leads the industry in offering professional weekend conventions – exciting workshop classes from our distinguished faculty, thrilling competition and a professional audition experience – all in a supportive, positive, and fun environment! Expect to be INSPIRED!
NYCDA is able to create experiences and opportunities that no other dance convention can offer. We are proud of our exclusive and continued support from the professional dance community which assists us to help dancers to take the next step into the ‘real world.’
MEETING OLD FRIENDS, MAKING NEW
NYCDA truly is a BIG family! Whether you are new to NYCDA or come every year, expect to make great friends and reconnect with old friends. We love the connections dancers, teachers, AND parents have made throughout the years!!!
DANCE WORKSHOPS IN THE BALLROOM
Expect classes that keep you inspired ALL year long! Our expert faculty deliver challenging, exhilarating classes that will empower you to push beyond your own limits.
SPECIAL AUDITION WORKSHOPS
We are committed to taking dancers to the next level! Each weekend we conduct a professional audition experience – recognizing both talent AND potential. Besides our prestigious Outstanding Dancer Program – we recognize ‘future stars,’ ‘triple threats’ and more….with scholarships to ‘real world’ dance opportunities and programs.
Professional, exciting, family friendly and age appropriate – always! It’s time to take the stage, applaud each other’s talents….and benefit from the valuable critiques offered by our great faculty!
Each competition we reward tons of talent! Besides the adjudication of each entry, we award all high scores and lots of special recognitions! It culminates in our prestigious Critics’ Choice Awards – granting FREE entry fees to our National Season Finale! Plus – our Distinguished Achievement Awards include our personal faves – “Good Sportsmanship” and “Class Act!”
January 15-17, 2021
Contact Ms. Sonya and indicate your desire to attend ASAP. Early Registration Deadline December 16, 2020.
- Dancers are expected to always maintain professional classroom etiquette.
- Dancers must wear cover-ups outside the ballroom area.
- Please respect the property of our convention and hotel sites. Excess noise or loitering in areas not NYCDA inhabited can be cause for removal. Help us maintain a pleasant relationship with our sites so that they will look forward to our return visits.
- Chaperones are required for students age 15 or under staying in the hotel.
- NYCDA and the convention and housing facilities are not responsible for personal injury or property loss.
- NO VIDEO CAMERAS ALLOWED AT ANY TIME DURING THE ENTIRE EVENT. Registered Teachers (with ID lanyard) may video during the last 15 minutes of Workshop classes.
2020-21 SEASON PLAN
NYCDA is Here for You this Season!
ALL NYCDA Regional Conventions will be BOTH In Person & Simulcast from the Venue.
For over 25 years NYCDA has been your partner in dance education. We have always strived to offer quality experiences, and have been listening to you during these uncertain times. We continue to develop, enhance and modify the existing services that we bring to you. We understand that many people are ready to return to dance in person while many still are not. We also understand that we, as a business and industry, must do our part to slow the spread of the coronavirus.
Balancing all of these goals and desires, we are delighted to share that we are planning to host our Regional Conventions BOTH In Person and Virtually.
Our Commitment to You
4 Options to Participate Each Weekend
In Person, From Your Studio, At Home
25 Cities = 25 Guaranteed Experiences
OPTION 1 – In Person
Participate at any Regional Convention in person. Venues will be limiting ballroom capacity, so please reserve your spot early (Registration opens September 1, 2020). Your safety is our priority. Be sure to check out our extensive COVID-19 policies and protocol HERE. Our Covid response will continue to be updated as needed.
OPTION 2 – Virtual
For your safety and peace of mind, all in person conventions will also be simulcast from the venue. You are welcome to participate in any Regional Workshop virtually, as a group or individual – from the studio or at home. Virtual Scholarship auditions will be made available.
OPTION 3 – Hybrid Virtual and In Person
Dancers participating in a workshop virtually, may still choose to compete with their team, onstage and in person. Competition will be scheduled in “blocks” to minimize cross interaction. However, no virtual competition entries will be accepted during an in person event.
OPTION 4- All Virtual
Should government mandates require that we cancel our scheduled event, NYCDA will produce any entirely Virtual Dance Convention. It will be identical to the in person convention format, just delivered virtually – including both workshop and competition. Studios/Dancers that registered for in-person will automatically be transferred and registered for the same all virtual weekend, and fees will be adjusted to virtual price, including studio refund for price difference. Studios that registered in-person competition entries will be contacted to submit virtual competition video entries.
OPTION 5 – Plans Change
In the event that our collective plans or circumstances change, NYCDA is committed to providing full refunds for all cancellations due to Covid-19 or Covid-19 related issues. Studios may transfer their in-person registration to a different city, subject to availability. Refunds are available to a studio that is not able to attend in-person at another city, or not interested in participating in an all virtual convention/competition. Refunds will also be granted to dancer that has a confirmed case or direct exposure to Covid-19 2 weeks prior to the Convention weekend. Cancellation is required 24 hours prior to convention start date/time and must be communicated via the studio representative. Refunds will be processed within 2 weeks of the designated convention date and will only be issued back to the registered studio, via the method of payment. (If payment is made with an existing credit, then refund would be back in the form of a credit.)
Our Commitment to Being Your Partner
NYCDA is committed to the personal relationships we develop with each studio and their dancers. Should we not be able to gather in person, we promise to create a concierge experience that is customized to meet the needs of all our loyal attendees. Please contact us if there is any special way in which we can support you this season.
SAVE THE DATES!
Your Road to Nationals Starts TODAY!
(Registration will open on September 1)
|Workshop||Early Reg||After Deadline||Multi Convention**||Early Reg||After Deadline||Multi Virtual**|
|Ready, Set, Dance! (5-7)||$115.00||$115.00||$57.50||n/a||n/a||n/a|
|Workshop Observer||May be limited due to venue capacity restrictions.|
|Competition||Early Reg||After Deadline||Early Reg||After Deadline|
|**Must purchase one Full Price of each in order to receive 1/2 price on additional.|
|Virtual Competition will only be available should the scheduled event be cancelled.|
- Registration deadlines are defined city by city on the NYCDA website. A 3-day grace period will be allowed to receive the Early-Bird Registration discounted rates. After the 3 day grace period, the full tuition rates will be applied. REGISTER EARLY!
- At the 3-day grace period, all registrations will be ‘locked’. You will no longer have online access to make changes. Your registration should be complete – especially competition entries. Incomplete entries will not be included in the event. (Please note: it is important that accurate ‘choreographer’ info is included for each competition entry. We need this info to complete our weekend judging schedule, as no NYCDA faculty/staff will ever judge their own choreography. Please let us know.) Changes will only be accepted by emailing the registration team. Changes/additions are subject to availability.
- No registration is guaranteed without payment. To secure your spot, we request a deposit equivalent to the Virtual Tuition rates ASAP.
- FULL payments are required 2 weeks prior to the event. Unpaid registrations will not be included in the event and ‘the spot’ will be relinquished to a studio on the waiting list.
- Completed liability and COVID-19 waivers are required for each dancer/participant. Be sure to get the necessary parent/guardian signatures.
- Last minute In-Person Workshop Registrations/ Competition Entries will be accommodated based upon availability. Last minute Virtual participation is welcome.
Not Yet Available…
Hotel and Venue
VENUE & HOTEL
6001 Destination Pkwy, Orlando, FL 32819
NYCDA Rate: $199 SDTQ, by December 16, 2020
|Book a Room|